|These guys are my "go-to" people for live-edge lumber. I always stop at Ohio Woodlands first to see if they have what I need. Their products are always well-described; what they say on the listings is exactly what you get. Since they plane their wood before listing it you can get a very good idea of what you are getting. That extra bit of work on their part eliminates the guessing I have to do when buying rough lumber over the internet. It also means that I don't pay to ship something that will turn into sawdust and shavings. I have been known to push clients toward Ohio Woodlands lumber not only because of their good wood but because of their service; everything is shipped promptly and at a very reasonable rate. The icing on the cake is that they are a small-scale operation focused on sustainable and responsible forest management. What's not to love?
- Art - Furniture Maker, Washington D.C.
I received this live edge cherry piece yesterday and I was thrilled with the wood. It is a beautiful thick piece with gorgeous lines. It was really easy working with Jared and going through the detailed website. Excellent product, excellent company.
- Lauren, Florida
I cannot stop admiring my beautiful black walnut coffee table. I loved this piece of wood since the first time I saw it. Jared did such a fine job of bringing out its natural beauty and creating a unique coffee table. Jared is very customer oriented and professional. It was a pleasure doing business with him. I am referring Jared and Ohio Woodlands to all my "wood loving" friends!
- Chris - Pittsburgh, PA
These osage orange burls are incredible. I made a table with iron legs from one of the burls I bought earlier. All it needed for finishing was some 220 sandpaper and tung oil. The finished surface is smooth as a piece of marble and the wood is hard enough to shape the edges like a gemstone. Just the simple tung oil brings out amazing patterns and lines of orange and black coloration in the grain that is like fine abstract art. I have never seen such complex and art-like grain and color in any piece of wood. It is absolutely unique.
- Rolf, California
Jared's knowledge and experience are second to none, he doesn't profess to know woodworking, just a lot about trees and lumber. So anyone in the Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown area, you are seriously in luck - help support local, family run businesses, help promote and nurture sustainable practices. Give Jared a call, and arrange for a visit, anyone else; he does deliver via UPS Ground.
- Carl - Artist, Cleveland, Ohio
I live in California and purchased these cherry live edge slabs from from Ohiowoodlands after veiwing them on thier website. I had a few questions so I called Jared. My questions were answered thoroughly. The wood was ordered, shipped and arrived in perfect condition. The entire transaction was handled very smoothly and professionally. I definitely would recommend and plan on using Ohiowoodlands again. Thanks Jared!
- Tom - Bakersfield, California. (Table Image Below)
- Chuck Davis - Delaware, Ohio. Designed this beautiful spalted maple end table with juniper legs. (Table Image Below).
We purchased this slab (walnut A-87) to be a bar top in our new kitchen. It arrived quickly and is beautiful, just as it appears in the pictures. We love it and our contractor is impressed with the quality. Jared is very helpful and provides a great product.
- Thomas Capito - Lexington, VA
More furniture created by Chuck Davis of Delaware, Ohio. (figured cherry with juniper legs Table Image Below).
(Chuck Davis live edge matched cherry coffee table with cabinet opening).
(Chuck Davis live edge matched cherry coffee table front view).
- Matthew Riley - Akron, Ohio. Designed this beautiful dining table using our curly sugar maple with butterfly joints.
- Kent Selby - Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina. Designed this stunning bathroom sink vanity using our book-matched walnut. (Image Below)
I worked with Jared on a huge set of book-matched 2 1/4 inch thick black walnut slabs (#G-70) for a dining room table. Due to their 13 foot size, I picked these pieces up myself. Jared took the time to walk me around and show me his whole operation. The material was excellent and the 8 foot table turned out great. The same material was used to make pedestal legs. I even had enough left over to make a 46 inch long bench for my foyer. The furniture was finished with multiple applications of Danish Oil and a couple coats of wipe-on poly.
- Eric E. - Avon Lake, Ohio. (Images Below)
- Mark - Chagrin Falls, Ohio. Live edge cherry shelf. (Image Below)
- Chuck Davis - Delaware, Ohio. Bigleaf maple coffee table and matching bigleaf maple end table set with juniper legs. (Image Below)
- Chuck Davis - Delaware, Ohio. Book-matched walnut dining table with hickory inlay. (Image Below)
- Chris - Pittsburgh, PA. Large slab spalted sugar maple dining table. (Image Below)
Thanks for your part, Jared - in finding and sending the flowering dogwood for my state map of the 50 states. Now I only need Oklahoma - eastern redbud and Mississippi - southern magnolia. Thanks.
- Bob, Wisconsin
Jared's fair price and fast shipping for a beautiful dining table live edge plank helped turn me into the "most valuable husband of the year" amongst my wife's girlfriends.
- Brian Bowman - Wauseon, Ohio
- Jen - Alum Creek, WV. Red oak stained pine bar top. (Image Below)
- Scott - Kansas City, MO. Curly sugar maple vanity with dark walnut stain. (Image Below)